Thursday 13 December 2012

Responding To Students 101




Tutorial

• Read the essay distributed.Decide what to do with the errors.Are you going to use  written
  comments, talk to the writer or use checklist? Will you encourage peer edit before the next
  submission? What is your follow-up activity to deal with the most common errors found in
  your essay?


I prefer to do written comments on my students' work compared to talking to the writer directly and use checklist .It is because it will be much more convenient for me to give out my comments. Through this method I don't have to ask them to come one by one just so I can explain and pointed out the errors in their works. I will keep my comment short and simple so the students can easily understand it.I will definitely encourage peer editing as it a great way for the students to identify their mistakes through their friends assessment. This method can be seen as a final prove writing before submitting their final work to the teacher.

Since the student that I assessed has problem with punctuation, I will come out with follow up activity that deal with punctuation.



I will give a set of exercise as shown below:

Punctuate the following texts correctly.

      Ahmad is a fisherman he is forty two years old he lives with his wife azlinah and his three children ana aina and amran in a small beautiful house near the shore sometimes his children will play along the beach

      He is not a rich man but he and his family are happy and grateful with what they have they dont have much money but were blessed with good health a loving family and wonderful friends halim says we couldnt  ask for more

 

1 comment:

  1. A simple yet effective task.

    What will you write to the students?

    ReplyDelete